The goal of the Climate Web as a knowledge management tool is to facilitate access to the actionable climate you need, regardless of what topic you’re interested in, or what audience you belong to. The idea for the Climate Web was inspired in part by the two quotes in the slide below:
We chose TheBrain software to build the Climate Web because it is such a powerful yet easy to use knowledge management software, and it can handle a virtually infinite amount of information that can be organized in all kinds of ways!
The Journey Towards Actionable Climate Knowledge
Understanding the Problem
Albert Einstein’s quote suggests that for a problem as complicated as climate change has proven to be, it’s particularly important to make sure we actually understand the problem. The Climate Web pulls together actionable knowledge across ALL aspects of the problem, from the knowns and unknowns of climate science to the psychology, economics, and politics of climate change.
Leveraging Our Collective Knowledge
In the cartoon above we’ve paraphrased Carla O’Dell’s quote “if only we knew what we know.” The Climate Web, built with powerful TheBrain knowledge management software, encompasses the work of thousands of experts across hundreds of topics in order to facilitate access to actionable climate knowledge of all kinds.
Changing Our Approach to the Problem
Even though Albert Einstein didn’t actually make this statement, the idea certainly applies to decades of efforts to tackle climate change.
The Climate Web can help us pursue a new approach we call Climate Chess, a metaphor for the conflict between “Team Climate Urgency” and “Team Climate No-Urgency.” Team No-Urgency has been winning at Climate Chess for decades; can Team Urgency take back the advantage?
Next, Check Out:
- How Did We Build the Climate Web? in order to help organized actionable knowledge
- How we’ve leveraged 150,000 Climate LEGOs in all kinds of ways to facilitate access to actionable knowledge
- How the Climate Web Index serves as a backbone of the entire Climate Web
- How 500+ Insights Pages give you access to the Climatographers’ 30+ years of working on climate change
- How 500+ Dashboards help bring you up to speed on the topics and questions you’re most interested in.